Jubilee Nails

Good morning beautiful people! How are you doing?
Today, in honor of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee (60 years!) some blogger friends and I have decided to dedicate today to British polishes.
So I would like to introduce you today to the lovely Princess Sabra by A-England.
Taken indoors with flash

Princess Sabra is definitely a royal polish! It is a beautiful pale gold with olive undertone and an incredible holographic touch. It's formula is perfect, levels itself nicely and completely opaque at two coats. It dries quickly to a smooth and glossy finish and is just as easy at removing.
Personally, I think this polish is a MUST to any collection. There is always that time when you need that golden touch, without shouting it to anyone's face.

Indoors with flash

Outdoors in the shade
Outdoors in the shade
Indoors with flash

Well, here comes the fail: since this is a special post - group post - for me, I wanted to do something other then just a swatch. But I didn't have much time so I decided to try some stamping again.

The polish I chose for the stamping is a gorgeous green, also by A-England, called Dragon.
Alas, stamping and me are not yet good friends :-(   This is my attempt. A complete fail. 
But I do hope to get the hang of it, and get it right in my future tries. 

Indoors with flash
Outdoors, indirect sun
And while I am trying to figure how to fix this, please go check these other gorgeous Jubilee manis!





11 comments :

The Silverinator said...

I think you did a great job! This is a great colour on you!

My Nail Polish Obsession said...

I absolutely love this color! It's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love it! ♥ And don't worry, stamping hates me so much I've yet to manage to even get any polish onto the stamper! You're miles ahead of me!

lauriestrode said...

It is such a great colour on you. I really regret I didn't buy it. And don't worry, stamping hates me with a vengeance too :D s

Unknown said...

Another holo I need! Its beautiful!

M. Fourey said...

Ohhh I'm sorry you dislike the result!

While learning and experimenting with stamping I found a trick that worked for me, in case I did a big mess... Well, the trick is messy in itself, but quite useful :) I layer a thick coat of top coat over the base. This way, is my stamping is a fail, I can remove it with polsih remover without ruining my base color. You only need to apply another layer of top coat, let it dry, and try again.

I hope it works for you too :)

Bénédicte D. said...

I love A-englands, they're all so gorgeous!!

Kim said...

So pretty!!! I wish I bought this one up with me now!!!

Elizabeth said...

Ooh, Princess Sabra is so pretty! I love how it shines, even in lower light, and the olive undertones you mentioned give it a really nice tint.

I also have yet to make friends with my stamper--good idea from Criminal Nails! :)

ahhhdri said...

Wow, this color is so beautiful, I love it!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Princess Sabra looks gorgeous, unlike any other polish I have seen! I wish A-England was easy to find here in the US. :-)

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!