Magic in a jar

One of the surprises that Aleta from The Nail Junkie is sending with her beautiful polishes is a small jar with pure magic in it. This is the Cutie Balm:



It is an amazing moisturizer and healer for the cuticles. In her blog Aleta describes the Cutie balm as: "my own artisan Cutie Balm which is a super healing hydrating balm. It's all natural and cruelty free." From my own experience I can testify that every word is true!
The jar is as small as it looks but this balm is so rich that you really need just the smallest amount per use. It absorbs fast so the oily - sticky feeling is gone pretty quick and leaves the skin soft and moisturized.  Also, the healing abilities of this balm are amazing. I used a tiny bit of it on my elbow skin. I have an issue with very dry elbows that tend to crack and then its very painful. I used very little of this balm on them and within ONE DAY (a total of 3 uses) my elbow came alive! After three days it looks just like every other part of my body. The dryness is gone and the skin is soft and clean. It still is darker then my normal skin because of years of neglect, but since the skin is so soft and moisturized now, I believe that the darkness will be gone soon too!

One of the coolest things about this balm is it's lasting power. i use it right before removing my polish, and then the acetone hurts a lot less then it usually does. I don't have those white cuticles anymore! I admit that I need to take a better care of my fingers too as the joints areas are also too dry in my hands, but I am so afraid I will run out of this magic, that I don't dare wasting it too fast!
This lovely balm is almost scent-less so this is another one of it's positive qualities as far as I'm concerned. in fact, the only negative thing I could find about it is that it is not endless... I simply love this balm and I like it's name too. It definitely is a CUTIE balm!

4 comments :

LuvMyLacquer said...

It reminds me of lip balm (the jar). I think it's awesome that not only has it helped your cuticles but your elbow as well. Who doesn't love a multipurpose product? Nice review!

M. Fourey said...

Sounds miraculous :D Do you know where I'd but that? On my LIPS! Oh-my, I'm a sucker for lip balms and stuff, and I bet this treasure would do wonders... :D

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I love a good moisturizer/cuticle oil/balm! They are so crucial to anyone who polishes regularly. :-)

~ Yun

Gosia said...

I'm always on the lookout for great cuticle treatments.. my miracle one for now is Qtica!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!