My Birthday Mani

I am so ashamed... My birthday was at the beginning of June but I had so many other things happening that I totally forgot to get the mani pics off my camera and show you. I am hoping you can forgive me if I do that now though... Can you? Please? *doggie eyes*
I really wanted to try these cute cupcakes for a long time and somehow I never got around to it. Also, i wasn't sure if I should do it with polish or with acrylic colors. I did know however that the base would have to be blue. And holographic. That's a good start isn't it? Oh, and I just received Darling Diva's Dusky Sky. What could be more perfect?

I started with Midnight Blues by Chic, a local company that I like. Midnight Blues is a very dark blue that flows like a cream but has a shimmery finish. It is opaque in two coats. It is a little on the thin side and needs to be treated more careful then I did but I'm afraid I am not the patient kind...
I then layered two coats of Dusky Sky. I really loved the way it looked but... I thought it was too dark to be a background for more colors...
So I decided to use my loyal Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away. This combo gave me a nice  medium holographic blue.
Taken Indoors with flash
Taken outdoors in direct sun
And after finishing the background, I decided to give the acrylic paint a chance.
This is my first time of free hand painting with acrylic paint, and I'm afraid I didn't add enough water to it because the paint was very thick and hard to work with. You can see in the picture below that the paint created thick un-even layers on the nail and it looks all bumpy. At first I was really bummed about it but when I finished these two cupcakes, somehow... I liked them. And I didn't care much.

It's weird. It doesn't often happen that I like something that I do. Especially not if it's not turning the way I wanted it. But somehow I did like these cupcakes. Well, maybe I'm finally growing up... LOL   By the way, the candy bits on the cream is made with a very fitting polish: Deborah Lippmann - Happy Birthday.
So happy belated birthday to me! How old you ask? I say why getting technical? Let's party!


5 comments :

Unknown said...

These are so cute xxx

Andrea said...

WHAT?!? It was your birthday and I didn't know?? *ques music* Ahem!
♪♪♪Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, dear, Ji-innnn. . . .Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu! And many more" ♪♪♪

Okay. That was me singing happy b-day to you! :) But really, I hope your day was as marvelous as your awesome cupcake mani! How adorable are those??

Gosia said...

this mani is sooo cute!!! and I LOVE the blue base!! in every form, from your darkest to the lightest!!
And happy happy belated B-day!!!

M. Fourey said...

Oh Jin, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great time ^^ In any caste, this mani is very cute! The cupcakes are very well done, and that blue! I'd never thought about mixing the blues together, and the result is... well, very very special (in the good sense, of course!).

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Jin! Happy birthday! Hope it was a wonderful one!! <3

Love the mani! The cupcakes are so cute! I think the fact that the paint was a little thicker just added to the cupcake look, since cupcakes are rich with lots of fluffy frosting. :-)

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!