A Post As A Learning Experience

If you follow me a little, you probably know by now that I am still far from mastering the art of polish application, as well as the art of taking photos of it. I always have serious issues with my horrible looking cuticles, weird un-even application and terrible lighting conditions for my pictures.
And now I can tell you that this post was the hardest to make, when on top of everything mentioned, the polishes I used are Neon...

index and ring - Pink, middle and pinky - Fusion Neon
Taken in natural light, with not much light...
But - this is a very special post for me, for several reasons:
1. I LOVE Neon polish. And I received the entire Sinful Colors Neon collection, as well as some extras from an AMAZING blogger friend of mine - sweet Lisa @ Cosmetic Sanctuary. And why did I receive them you ask? Simply because Lisa is AWESOME. That's it.
By the way - if you're not following her yet - you definitely should!!!

2. I LOVE comparison posts. I wish I could do more, but I'm afraid I never have anything interesting enough to compare. Surprisingly, I got to do this post which is somewhat a comparison. And I would like to dedicate it to another very sweet blogger friend of mine - Ashley from Ashley is Polish Addicted. (Do make sure you're following her too!!!)

Ok, enough with the chit-chat. Let's go to the main event. I would like to show you a comparison between two Sinful Colors pink neons. Left one is called Pink, and  right one is Fusion Neon.

Sometimes I seriously think that polish companies have issues with creativity. The polish named Pink is actually a hot coral color. It has some very warm undertones to it and I am not sure how much the name "Pink" really suits it. The "Fusion Neon" however is a pure pink. No doubt about it. Cold and bright.

Index and ring - Pink, middle and pinky - Fusion Neon
Natural light
They both need 3 coats for complete opacity and they both dry very quickly into a soft satin finish. They are both very pigmented, well - true neons. But while Pink flows evenly and easy from first coat, the Fusion Neon requiters some help and very careful application or else it gets a little streaky.  And although I love the satin finish, I think a glossy top coat make them pop so much more!
Index and ring - Pink, middle and pinky - Fusion Neon
Natural light
Index and ring - Pink, middle and pinky - Fusion Neon
Taken with flash 
Well, I can't help it. I am totally in love with these neons. Not only the two pinkish ones, but the entire set! I can hardly wait to get the chance to try them all! I definitely think this is a MUST to every polish enthusiastic stash and i am more then happy that the neons are so popular this summer!

So what do you think? Do you have them already? Which is your favorite of the set?

2 comments :

M. Fourey said...

I love Pink, far better than Fusion Neon, though both suit you really well, I must say ^^

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

haha that's so funny that "Pink" isn't very pink at all. Yes, I sometimes wonder why colors are named so inappropriately lol. Naming aside, I do love "Pink"! I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm at the drug store. :-)

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!