The Crumpet's Tri-Polish Challenge - Day 1: Orange, Pink and Turquoise

Do you remember last month's Tri Polish Challenge? So it is back again and this month the colors are Orange, Pink and Turquoise. So for this month the polishes I chose are Nfu-Oh MOR02, China Glaze Dance Baby and Nfu-Oh MOR10. However, today's mani is mostly to show you how NOT to do a manicure. It should be a lesson to learn...
Nfu Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu Oh MOR10

So I decided to do Lucy's Stash fishtail design, using all three of the polishes. Potentially it should have been a bright and pretty manicure. Sadly, I managed to ruin it completely! I knew I was not going to have too much time and I didn't think one coat of each line would actually cover the previous one, so I used very thick coats. Like - VERY thick. Bad decision. VERY bad. First - the entire mani turned out so thick on the nails. You can see on the sides how thick it is and how badly it is layered. Also, the thickness actually caused some cracking of the polishes. It is most visible on my index and ring nails, where the tips of my nails look more like zigzag then a normal curvy line. And last - the lines all came out wonky and distorted because every new line kind of squeezed the one before it, causing the polish to spread sideways... Well, at least the polishes are nice and bright...
Nfu-Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu-Oh MOR10

Nfu-Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu-Oh MOR10

Nfu-Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu-Oh MOR10

Nfu-Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu-Oh MOR10
A few words about the polishes with your permission: the two Nfu-Ohs are from their collection Morning In greece. They are soft cremes with wonderful formula and they are actually opaque in two easy coats. The lighter colors like this orange and the yellow from this collection (that I will show you some other time) might need a third coat, especially if you're not too careful in your application, but they are so creamy that it is no big deal at all. They dry in a reasonable time to a glossy finish. But they need to completely dry to show the gloss. When I first applied them, some 15 minutes before I went to bed, I thought they had a rubber or vinyl finish. But when I woke up in the morning, they were all glossy. Not any high gel gloss, but a nice, smooth creme gloss. They are very pigmented and although the colors in this collection are mostly the pastel kind, they are actually very bright, almost neon. Is that possible? a neon pastel? LOL apparently it is! Personally - I am in love with this collection and I hope to get all the colors from it soon! By the way, for some reason I could not get the true color of the turquoise to show in the pictures. It is a true turquoise in real life. Not so blue as it looks here. In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful colors in my stash today! 
Nfu-Oh MOR02 China Glaze Dance Baby Nfu-Oh MOR10
From left to right - Nfu Oh MOR02, Nfu Oh MOR10 and China Glaze Dance Baby. And be prepared as you will be seeing them at least three more times this month ;-)

In the meantime, check other participant's polish choice and entries!




10 comments :

ManisbyMoore said...

It does not look bad at all! I really like this and love the colors together!

Lucys Stash said...

Wonderfully happy colours :D And thank you very much for the mention, not many people know that I've actually done the tutorial on the nails first and then everybody else started doing it too :)

Love for nail art said...

Beautiful :)!!

M. Fourey said...

The colors work very well together, but I guess this is a common mistake when doing a fishtail manicure... I had the same thing happen to me and have never tried it again since. I have little time so I don't want to spend it screwing up my manicures, haha! :p

Mina said...

Don't beat yourself up so hard - I've attempted this look yesterday and man is it tough! You do have to be patient and have time enough to wait in between layers (learnt it the hard way myself haha).
And nevertheless, your mani look fun and bright and it's not as bad as you make it look ;) Next time you'll do even better! **

Natalia A said...

Very pretty! I love braid nails.

Closet Diva said...

don't be so hard on yourself its a beautiful mani! :)

Unknown said...

this is great! i've read a tutorial on how to do this over and over and i still can't figure it out. lol

Lizzy O. said...

So beautiful. Love the colors, and your lines are so neat

Raggio di Luna said...

I like the fishtail manicure, I mean when I see it on others, but I never tried it myself... I almost never have enough time and it seems to me that you need time for a manicure like this! :-) I don't really think that this manicure is a disaster, maybe you will make a better one next time, but this one is very nice and the colours match good, it's very cheerful! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!