33 Days Challenge - Day 10: flowers

This week I finally received my Essie Summer 2013 collection - naughty nautical. So today's post is all about that. I really love these colors: fun, elegant, bright - but not in your face. And since today's theme in the 33DC is flowers, I decided to go with the flow.
Essie naughty nautical summer 2013

From left (index) to right (thumb) you see: Naughty Nautical, The Girls Are Out, Sunday Funday, Rock The Boat and The More The Merrier. Also in the collection but not in this mani is Full Steam Ahead that I will show you separately. 
Essie naughty nautical summer 2013
The Girls Are Out was in my wishlist for a looooong time, and then my bestie Gosia of Life In Color surprised me with it I loved it so much that I just had to have the entire collection! And I am not sorry for one second. I think this is one of the best collections by Essie, and I only have one complaint: all polishes have those gorgeous glass flakies - except for The More The Merrier that is a plain creme.  I don't mind it being creme, especially not with its wonderful formula and coverage (1-2 coats) but I would really love it more if it had the same flakies in it as its siblings in the collection.
Essie naughty nautical summer 2013
As you can see by the crooked lines, I freehanded the lines near the tips of my nails. I don't know why I am being so lazy and not just using tape, but... I am. Sorry... 
The flowers are just simple dots using my largest dotting tool. The white is Julie G. White Orchid. That's it. Very simple, but I am totally in love with these colors. So it's a lot more then just the flowers for me. And I do hope that Essie will come up soon with a polish that is the same shade as The More The Merrier - but with the same flakies that are in all other polishes of this collection.
Essie naughty nautical summer 2013

Essie naughty nautical summer 2013

Essie naughty nautical summer 2013

Essie naughty nautical summer 2013





4 comments :

CrazyPolishes (Dimpal) said...

luv the base colors :)

Natalia A said...

Essie's summer collection was a great one! I love all the colours together, your mani is so cute! I only got naughty nautical, and it's gorgeous!

M. Fourey said...

Love this collection, but haven't purchased any. I'm not in a buying mood, I don't know... I wonder why now, because they all look fantabulous and make me look like a fool :p

Raggio di Luna said...

I love all the colours that I see here, I would use them with pleasure! Nice manicure, very cute! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!